Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Sewing Masks

I made about 30 masks, 24 of which I donated to a hospital.  Then my friend asked for more masks for her daughter, and this friend had fabric!  So I've made 9 of those masks so far and have another 25 cut out.  It is neat finding ways to economize on the cutting and hanging threads by starting the next mask right after the previous.  lP likes to cut the threads for me.  She was persistent so I let her sew a bag yesterday.  Now she's very eager to start sewing masks....

During the 2pm hour with dad I took my sewing machine outside and sewed in the beautiful spring weather.  This is an incredible month we've been having here with weather.  March, April, May is usually so busy with activities.  I am loving the opportunity to enjoy spring.  I want to be much less busy when we return from the stay at home time.  We are on day 26 of not going out.  We bought a car, went to save a lot 2 times, P went to a gas station at 3am to get me medicine, and home depot 1 time to buy deep socket wrenches so that we can maybe get the neighbors play set. 

Today we're going to go on a walk from the mailbox to the garage, using planks that the children have to pass forward in the line.  I'm very excited to make them do this team building activity.  : )

No comments: