Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Postcards from Quarantine

On Sunday we watched a singing time with Brandon Osmond.  It was sweet and introduced the kids to new songs, as well as familiar ones.  The combination of high production, and hand written prompt cards was great. 

We also stayed up late, singing hymns with the kids.  The girls were singing together past bed time and one by one, we joined them.  We were about done when B came in with a hymn book and announced "OK, I'm here."

Yesterday we made smores for FHE using my melted chocolate chips pre-applied to the graham cracker trick.  P was planning to buy a tent so we set up the small tents to see if they were still good.  Then some of us slept in them (lP, B and me) while G slept under the stars, literally.

Today we went over to treaty park to play tennis inside the racket ball rooms where the ball bounces back so nice. 

I went to the store today for milk and eggs, and also bought fake oreos, watermelon, hamburger and buns.  Now that we have a grill, I'm much more interested in making yummy food to cook on the grill, for better or worse. 

I told the kids that since we're doing burgers for dinner, we should do some light food for lunch.  I think most of them ate watermelon for lunch.

As I was preparing to cut open the watermelon L wondered if there would be potatoes inside, referencing the Law of the Harvest.  I said I didn't know but would see.  So I grabbed an onion from the pantry and with my very amazing sleight of hand skills, produced an onion from the first cut.  He was amazed, calling it magic.

No comments: