Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter 2020

 We usually don't do any easter basket things with the kids on Easter.  Our neighborhood has held an egg hunt the last few years.  Their church teachers and sometimes grandparents give them some treats.  So they don't need anything from us. 

Being in stay at home mode, we did an egg hunt a few weeks ago and the kids lost most of the eggs left over from last year.  But they did find them.  I might let them play some with that.  Or we can do it another day.  I really don't like to have too much festivity today.

I did want to make nice food and planned to make cream puffs for breakfast with corn starch chocolate pudding inside.  After piping out a few cream puffs, inspiration struck and Cream Puff Peeps were born!
I'm not sure what initial shape makes the best end product.
This will definitely require some practice to perfect.
But the ones that turned out were so amazing.  The ones that were misshapen were still yummy.

I planned to make the most of our remaining eggs since I hope to avoid another grocery trip until Wednesday or Thursday.  I boiled eggs for P to dye with the kids, and also planned to use them in a potato salad for dinner.

Lunch was cheesy noodles, with ham (because you gotta have ham on Easter?) and boiled carrots.

Dinner was grilled hot dogs, grilled green beans, grilled corn, potato salad, and fudge topped brownies.  I love to make half of a batch, then cut them up.  My kids rarely get a ton of dessert and I love it that they are usually overwhelmed by a large portion of dessert. 

Right now we're getting ready to make 'empty tomb' rolls that are bread with marshmallows cooked inside so there is a hollow and sweet bread in the end.  Pictures to follow.

No comments: