Saturday, April 18, 2020

Grandparents vist

P loves grand gestures.  He loves to bring joy to people.  Today we drove out to Gtown to see our P family through their windows at a safe distance.  We were concerned about kids needing to use the potty so we brought a baby potty along just in case.  We also brought along dub dubs, pop tarts, potato chips and cookies.  The kids enjoyed eating and showing off some of their drawings.  P talked about our Presidents leadership failures with aunt B, aunt E and grandpa. 

We drove over to grandma L's house next and sang her "Man's Life's a Vapor".  The kids showed her drawings and had a nice time.  P said we better go before it rains, 1 minute before it did start to rain.  The kids enjoyed dashing to the car and leaping in.

It was a good outing.  I'm very glad that P has so much enjoyment of making fond memories.

When the time of isolation began I was getting exhausted from not sleeping well, worrying.  I was getting that dizzy feeling I get when I have newborns and am sleep deprived.  So P scheduled time in the middle of the day when he would take the kids.  I did sleep the first day but then I couldn't sleep at night.  So for the last 4 weeks (!) dad comes out at 2 and mom is off duty.  I don't have to plan any activities.  I can take L for a walk, or do folders with him.  I can also sew on the back porch.  It has been a tremendous gift for me to have a break. 

P took the kids through the Mo Willems drawing tutorials and is now doing other fun drawing tutorials with them.  He sometimes does a quiz with them or plays a game with them.  I'm so grateful.

No comments: