Friday, June 7, 2013

lush

 This is me.  This is me on my princess pillow, with my red headed little prince on me and my favorite blanket all snuggled up.  My hair is enjoying the best 6 months of my life.   Between hormones and Garniers smoothing lotion, it's been awesome.  Too bad I have to cut it in 3 months when it starts falling out gangnam style. 
 This is the window in our office.  Previously we had the computer desk facing the wall and the overhead shelves that seemed to go sensibly with it.  Then we realized we 'own' this house so we moved the shelves, and flipped the desk with the big table.  Now I find myself typing, gazing out the window.  It cost us a whopping $0.40 cents to have G clean the windows.  He's very industrious and always looking for jobs to earn money.  I haven't taught him about negotiating for higher wages. 

He and M (mostly G) love to count and change their money.  He loves turning in his pennies for nickles, etc...  And the ultimate is when he can turn in the change for a paper dollar.  I try not to give him money for anything that is a routine chore, like cleaning the house, doing the laundry etc...  At the same time, it's great math he's doing.  And he's learning to do jobs.  I don't pay him until the job is done.  Another job he's working on right now is scanning his summer work book into the computer so M and P and B can someday use it.  It's 50 pages and I told him I would give him $0.50 cents for it.  But the scanner keeps crashing.  So we've been working on it for a long time.  Here's the life lesson of sometimes a job ends up being a lot more work than you thought...
 So handsome.
Lashes a mile long.

No comments: