Thursday, August 6, 2020

Sitting out for a year

I have the wonderful fortune of being able to sit life out for a year.  P works from home for an online school so we're fine financially, and job security wise.  I don't need to go to church, or send my kids to school.  I don't have to work and that is huge.

When G had cancer as an infant, we were isolated for a year.  P kept working but G and I sat the year out.  He hardly grew, we didn't go anywhere but the hospital.  It was definitely a disruption, but it was a blessing too.  The alternative was unthinkable.  I can't imagine accepting the risk of having a child contract Covid from church or school.  Some are sure their child will be fine.  They don't believe the death numbers are real and are willing to assume people are lying about how bad their sickness is. 

When we were picking up the green car from Gtowne last week (it had broken down when P went to help his sisters move the previous week) P ran into the Dr. we had when G was diagnosed with Leukemia.  He is such a sweet, godly man.  I am so grateful for the wonderful doctors and nurses who took care of us during that year. 


No comments: