Monday, August 17, 2020

organizing the office

 G is going to be doing 10th grade via distance learning this year.  I let him use my sewing corner last spring when he got on for zoom meetings a few times a week.  This fall he'll need to be on for hours a day, like all day, every day!  So I did a major move of the furniture in the office and I really like it.  I'm not ready to take pictures yet, but I did come up with some tricks for keeping cables contained.  I coiled some up and put them inside toddler socks.  Other large cables I put inside a tissue cube so it's easy to dust around these things. 

I have the scanner to the right of the monitor now with the ipads on top so everything is so convenient for charging and scanning.  I can also still access things on the bookshelf easier now.  With this set up, we'll be able to come in and out without entering G's screen area, and signal to him out of camera range.

The kids are watching a show called "The magical healing properties of Dude" about a teen with social anxiety.  I hope they know we're not getting a dog, and that they can use mindfulness techniques to overcome anxiety.  The show has some elements I really like, but also portrays school life for kids who have actual obstacles to overcome, not just typical drama.

No comments: