Sunday, August 23, 2020

preparation again

 We stocked up in Feb/March, then have tried to stay topped up since then.  We prepared for a storm last month that thankfully swept by without hitting Florida.  School is starting soon so I want to avoid stores as I imagine suddenly larger infections as teacher sand students are in contact again in concentrated groups for the first time in 5 months.  

We moved the furniture around in the boys room so it is much more open.  They don't have much books or toys in there.  Just beds, clothes, a TV/VCR, and a string of lights.  I hope their room can stay more neat going forward. 

The girls want to re-arrange the furniture in their room but I don't see that as useful since they like their separate areas and don't keep a common area clean.

We have too much stuff.  It has to be managed.  I've been working on paring down the kids clothes.  They just wear clothes and toss them around until the floor is covered.  Then they wash the clothes, some that were never worn, and it's too much to put away.  Clearly too much.  lP is able to take hand me downs straight from M so I don't need to be storing a lot of in between size clothes.  They need less stuff.

We made a ton of progress on the playset yesterday.  When we let L come out to play he declared it the best playground ever.  We still need to put on the roof and swings.  It's a very nice playset.  I marvel at the amazing abundance the children have in their lives.  I'm very grateful that they have 2 parents who are super in love and the gospel.

No comments: