Thursday, August 27, 2020

Sign Class

 I've been teaching sign classes for the last 2 years.  I did a full year of classes for my Woodbadge ticket goals.  Then I offered a few shorter sessions.  A lady in the community, K who likes my classes asked me to teach a zoom class and so I offered that in August.  It was nice to get on and teach.  I used the Sign-it movies and screenshare in zoom so that most of the class, I was just showing a video.  That made it a lot easier to teach.  I'm so glad we bought the sign-it course.  It's very high quality and now I feel like I have a resource to teach all my children a higher level of sign language.  

I've had really positive experiences over the years of teaching sign language.  I think it is a skill and culture I will always enjoy sharing whether through library classes or through the school system.  When my kids grow up I think I'll work in the schools with deaf children.  Who knows what opportunities will come along.

I'm so grateful for our life right now and the peace we enjoy here in this home and beautiful city.  I have a super power for loving whatever life brings.  It helps that P does a lot to help us have a fantastic life. 

P recently saw a firehouse that was for sale and he got interested in that idea.  I am OK with whatever and wherever our life leads.  It takes me a while to get used to new ideas but my ability to love the moment is a great blessing and I'm very grateful for it.

No comments: