Sunday, August 9, 2020

Anxiety and control

 God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

 I know that I can only control me even as I do control my childrens freedoms a lot.  I can't control what programs are available, but I can tell them what to not watch.

 I can't control if people come to church sick or don't wear masks, or where they went without masks in their daily lives.  I can choose to not be there to see someone wear a crochet mask like the one I saw posted in the Aunties Sewing Squad.  It was so disturbing to see a picture of a women taking a selfie during the sacrament, in an obviously LDS service, with everyone spaced out but there she is in her pink crocheted face mask.  Someone taking a selfie of themselves during the sacrament has some issues.  I can't control that.

I do have anxiety about all these things that can impact my family that I used to not need to be worried about.  Truely, if my family gets the virus, we'll probably be OK.  I'm more offended by the idea that people don't care and won't limit their movements to be cautious.  Yep, I have taken offense.  My bad.

So I need to just not participate in it and stop being bothered by what other people do.  But P has to go every week.  So I am anxious about his participation, and I can try to change that anxiety.

No comments: