Saturday, July 13, 2019

shoes

5 years ago we went to Utah with plans to visit the Grand canyon on the way.  B was newly 1 year old and I wanted good shoes so I wouldn't slip down the canyon and drop him...

I'd never invested in good shoes for myself.  Hand me downs and whatever fit and cost less than $25 was my main source of footwear.  Occasionally I would go out with my sister M and get 1 pair of shoes that felt special.

I've arrived recently at a level of caring for my feet.  When I stopped eating sweets I rewarded myself with nice leather boots after 100 days free from sugar.  I started walking around the same time and got a good pair of walking shoes.  I threw away all my closed toe dress shoes and got salt waters.  My craisglist Tevas broke down and I got new ones instead of some knock off.  I currently own 6 pairs of shoes (plus galoshes OK!) and each is a pair that fits well and is kind to my feet.

No comments: