Saturday, July 20, 2019

Good examples

P and G are training for a bike ride to G-town this summer.  They are making increasingly large rides and gathering equipment and experience for the trip.  On Saturday they rode to a town at the edge of the county and we drove out to meet them at the library there.  I'm grateful P is providing this example of how to prepare, increasing their capacity toward the goal.

I read recently that Inuit parents don't yell at their children because that would be a bad example.  I'd like to implement that idea more.  The Inuit also tell their children scary stories to keep them out of dangerous situations.  I don't feel like I've burdened them with many scary stories.  We are reading the Complete Grimm fairy tale collection.  Some of those stories are really weird.


No comments: