Friday, July 26, 2019

Beach walk, and Rocket launch

On Tuesday I walked the beach for 5 miles with a friend and saw this!

When I first saw it I thought it was an interesting track from a cooler and "wait a minute!  It looks almost like a turtle track.  It is a turtle track!!!"

Last night we drove down to New Smyrna to watch a rocket launch.  G has wanted to go see a space X launch and I'm not generally adventurous enough for that.  But I prodded him into coming up with a solid plan, 3 possible locations, departure time etc... and so we went and it was lovely.  As the rocket went up I excitedly lifted L to see at my eye level.  I looked down and B was squinting up into the sky, missing the launch.  We got him looking in the right direction.  Then L said "It is my first rocket launch."  He repeated that phrase so sweetly a few more times.

Later as we played at this amazing park we heard the rumble of the launch.  It went on for over a minute.  Then about 8 minutes later we heard a loud bang that G tells me was the rocket coming back down to land.  So cool.  I'm glad G came up with the plan so we could go.


No comments: