Monday, July 1, 2019

Rock Spring!

We celebrated my birthday today by going to Rock Spring in Appopka.  I'd heard about this spring and how nice it was, but also how quickly they closed reaching capacity.

I am wearing contacts to practice mono vision before getting my eyes fixed this summer.  I brought a snorkel and mask and was so excited to try it out.  lP asked if she could use it and I said I was saving it for myself and G.  Me, because I never got to use one before and G because he's deaf and I want him to have as much visual fun as possible when he can't hear (with the water).  lP said I had used a snorkel before I got glasses when I was a kid.  I told her that I never had.  She said I must have had a very sad childhood.  M reminded us all that I didn't grow up in Florida.  True.  Snorkeling at Rock Spring was so fun!  It was scary at first but as I got used to trusting that I wasn't going to drown, I could relax and enjoy seeing, under water!

We left the house at 7 hoping it would be enough.  I woke at 6 and went out to buy some floats and I'm glad I did because the rentals were $7 a piece and the kids didn't even want to use their floats most of the time.  Boogie boards would have been ideal for them to float a little and then drag them along, lashed to their ankles when they wanted to be free.

We stayed 5 hours!  We never stay anywhere for 5 hours.  We floated the lower half 3 times, swam in the swimming area twice, and floated the whole length 1 time.  There are rocks at the head that are fascinating, but precarious.  Someone stole P's rented tube at the head of the springs and he was stuck navigating the rocks on foot.  It wasn't a good moment.  But he was mostly stressed trying to keep us together because he's loving like that.

We took a break in the middle to potty, warm up at the park and have a snack.  L was cold from the water so we were glad one of our floats had a seat to keep him out of the water.

We left around 2:30 and went to Golden Corral in Daytona to celebrate our Anniversary.  Breaking fast with an all you can eat buffet is interesting.  The kids were so well behaved.  It just gets more and more fun the raise this family.

No comments: