Monday, March 25, 2013

The new Zero

I started using gmail back in 2007 or thereabouts.  I was sort of lax about making sure every email was read, or deleted, or whatever.  So somewhere in 2008 I just started to accept the Inbox (5) to mean, no new mail.  And that is how it stayed for the last 5 years. 

Today I went back to the beginning and found those 5 emails.  Now the status is just Inbox.... strange.

Something has changed for me in the last 2 months.  I throw things away.  Maybe it's a manifestation of higher self esteem.  Maybe it's having a recycling bin.  I've read a few books on simple living and gained an appreciation for not having things we don't even use.  So when something isn't good enough for my kids to wear, it is usually not good enough for anyone, even thrift store shoppers.  And it's ok to throw it in the trash.  We do take a lot to the thrift store actually.  I mean, there are things that are just not modest, or have characters I don't like...  Toys that are good, but we don't play with them etc...  But there are items I've held onto for years because they were not good enough to give away.  And I deserve to not live with them anymore.

No comments: