Sunday, March 10, 2013

food storage

Having previously lived in 2 bedroom apartments, our move to a 3 bedroom house with an office and formal front room leaves us swimming in space and I like it.  Things that I'd held onto for the last 6 years, cramming it into closets, thinking I'd use it when I had the space, I realize I don't need.  We have 3 beds in the moon room that are great when we have guests.  The closet in there was full of stuff.  Stuff I don't even know why we needed.  But it's slowly going away.  Sometimes it's going to the trash.  But mostly to the thrift store in the hope that someone else will want/use it. 

My goal for that closet is for it to become full of food.  It's got 40 boxes of cereal in there now.  Still a lot of stuff, but I realize I'd rather have food than stuff.  So as things go on BOGO sale, I'll buy all they have, and then get a rain check for more.  And buy more the next month.  Not everything.  But things we actually use.  Or things that will keep for 30 years if we don't use them.

No comments: