Sunday, February 26, 2012

CTR and a Nativity

I get in the mood to do something creative every once in a while. I don't know if it is tied to some cycle or a way to relieve stress, but I know it hits me and I have to create. A wile ago I made these shirts for the kids. I used some craft foam with adhesive backing to make a stencil. Then I painted into the negative area. This picture is taken on our back porch which is larger than the trailer we lived in while we were waiting to find a house that fit. I'm so glad we were able to get one that didn't just fit, but blew us away. I made matching ones for M and G and it's like they are super heroes wearing these babies. Today G asked if he could make my bed. Then he waited like 2 minutes before asking if he could play on the computer. This kid is slick.

One of the cabinets in the garage had this Kincade nativity set. There are about 30 pieces total but it gets a little too crowded. I was getting ready to put them in the attic and thought I'd take some pictures first in case we decide to ebay them. They are very nice but they are so fragile. I'd rather wait until my children are old enough to remember a few Christmases with them before we start to break them. There is already one shepherd with the head broken off. It'll stand as a reminder to us each year, or we'll ebay it.

No comments: