Friday, November 20, 2020

Make it DO (Cell phone and pizza)

 I decided to get a new phone after many months of not being able to use the LDS ap, or pick up groceries without using my phone as a hot spot for the ipad...  I couldn't take pictures sometimes because there was not enough memory.  The thing that mainly influenced the change was that I couldn't really send or receive texts from my house.  I know that was the case 2 years ago and finally I decided that was not a good fit anymore. 

Over the last year I have been bit by bit deciding that I deserve better.  Thankfully my husband has always treated me like I deserve better.  When he has offered me a new phone, I would say "This one is good enough" because I didn't use mine to make money, so I didn't want to be an expense for the luxury.

P delights that I am taking time to walk, buy myself good shoes, wear clothes that I like, and buy food that nobody but me likes (ricotta cheese).

I got this iPhone 6 Plus with 128G of storage after a similar model with less storage came but had a defective screen.  And as P says, I deserve a phone that can take beautiful pictures.  Yes.  I do.

I tried to put the phone with ATT for $25 monthly but they never sent the SIM card and after 4 weeks I canceled the order when I found that Xfinity would give me service for $15 and I had been paying $10 with Tello.  Xfinity sent me a SIM card fast but the porting of my number from Tello was stuck.  5 days into this process with Xfinity I found that ATT still had the number stuck in a port attempt.  So I got through to their customer service by using Ps phone number to cut through the phone menu.  2 more day of trying to get Xfinity to get the port unstuck my old phone stopped working, so I knew something was happening.  But it was not until today that my new phone has my old number!

The reason I so wanted to keep my old number was so that I didn't have to change it in all the places people use to contact me, and businesses send a verification text.  Keeping your number is serious!  I spend over 20 hours on the chat and phone working this through.  It took work.  But now I have a more functional phone with better coverage for not much more money.  

Today was the climax of several days with lP not doing her work and sneaking off to play with her friend.  Today the work was going to get done.  During one of the many "Mom I don't understand it" exchanges, I was cooking pizza.  I used a towel to take the pizza out of the oven and before I could set it down, the heat got to me.  My hand jerked and the pizza flipped onto the other pizza!  I stared at it wondering what I was going to do.  I decided to peel the cheese/pepperoni topping off and put it into the naked crust like a calzone.  Thanks to the pepperoni, the cheese hadn't fused with the other cheese.  The kids loved the fancy calzone and asked if I would make it again.  Sure!  But next time I'll do it on purpose.

No comments: