Sunday, November 8, 2020

Loving the Zoom

 Today I spent about 4 hours in zoom.  That's too much, but I'm grateful I was able to do my Presidency meeting, Sacrament, Primary, Sunday School and a family chat with my siblings. I like being able to attend a meeting with my camera and mic off so I can cook!  I like being able to see my family that live so far from me.  

This year with my mom passing away is the perfect time for my siblings and I to have a way to connect.  Not everyone comes and that is OK.

We're planning to do a zoom meeting on Thanksgiving that is hang out oriented.  We'll have a movie streaming for a couple hours, some games and chatting.  Family meals were always a priority for my mom and I'm glad we have a way to re-create that vibe of hanging out all day, even while we're distanced.

I recently learned that you can "Don't show participants with their camera off" that way you don't see people who aren't showing themselves.  I also learned that you can write polls for meetings you have scheduled to ask during the zoom.  Very cool tools.

No comments: