Thursday, December 28, 2017

Magicscope

I've wanted to get a microscope for about 18 months.  We found one at a thrift store that was a piece of garbage.  The one I wanted to get, the magic scope was a little expensive at $180 and I didn't make it a priority.  Last month we found another garbage one at Aldi and impulse bought it.  I took it back because I realized that I was wasting money and giving the children a bad example by continuing to throw money after non quality microscopes.  M was so sad that I wasn't even going to try the Aldi microscope.  I told her that I loved her and that I wanted her to have a microscope that worked.  Looking in the garbage one, she was so enthusiastic but it was just blurry.  She wanted so badly for it to work.

I'd watched a few auctions on Ebay so I knew that the one I found for $40 was  a good deal.  It arrived before Christmas but we presented it to the kids after Christmas.

This thing is perfect!  It magnifies enough to show you the surprising shape of thing sup close.  The focusing is easy and very sharp.  The tube comes free of the base so you can look at any surface up close.  It's so awesome.  It's just what I had hoped for the children.

No comments: