Monday, December 18, 2017

Invest where your heart lies

A friend of mine really wants to be involved in an activity that is by nature invitation only.  I was thinking about it and how if we want people in an organization to know us, we have to volunteer even when it isn't our job.  Especially when it isn't our job, we need to be seen as someone who shows up on time and is eager to help.

Whatever it is in life that we want to be included in, we need to invest our time and effort.  We can't say we're too busy and then expect people to think we have time to give.

I know that with my children I sometimes make good investments of my time, and other times I am selfish.  I hope that I can make a change and invest more time in them and show them that I'm here for them.

Today in family council I invited them to make a dish for the linger longer.  I'm trying to impress on the children how fun it is to visit family and to bring food. 

No comments: