Saturday, May 27, 2017

neckline and sleeves

 This is M's rock princess dress that I added sleeves to.  She likes to wear a black t-shirt under the dress anyway because the sequins itch on the back.
lP has a shirt that is the same color as this dress.  When M wore this dress I sewed a bib into it but that got stained and so I took it out and had lP wear an undershirt.  Then she found a t-shirt that is such a good match.  I'm glad my girls accept keeping their bodies covered.  This picture of lP also captures the state of her teeth.  Many doughnuts will be had next time we go to G-town.

1 comment:

Okishdu said...

I'm not sure if it was Brigham Young or another prophet who recommended that children wear underwear that resembled unmarked garments. In consideration I think it was someone of a more modern era since little kids back at Brigham Young's day wore the same kind of longjohns as their parents. There are two ways to look at this. On the one hand childish prints and bikini cut panties can be seen as childish things in the light of the pristine white of garments which enhances the adult responsibility that comes with making sacred covenants. On the other hand wearing relatively plain and modest underwear can accustom a child to making appropriate clothing choices.