Friday, May 5, 2017

cleaning

Today we cleaned the 97 sentra.  It's funny to me to have a car that would have been fancy and new when I graduated High School.  I detailed the inside as best I could while the children slapped the outside with soapy towels.  We don't have a hose outside that can easily reach the car.  I wish I'd remembered to move the car over to the side of the house where the hose would have been accessible.  But the kids had a lot of fun and I mostly let them.  The baby won the "dirtiest helper" by slipping and falling in a puddle of water and pollen.  Ick.

Life is so sweet.

Last night we took G to a vocabulary competition.  He won along with his friend D.  D has been a language and intellectual peer since kindergarten.  I'm so grateful for G to have a smart friend.

My boots came but I forgot to get the wide calf version.  Thankfully I ordered from Zappos so exchange is pretty easy.  It's interesting that they came today when I'm feeling all icky from allergies.  I also ate raisin bran yesterday which has a lot of sugar in it.  So I'm denied the boots on a day when I'm feeling the effects of trying to eat some sugar.

No comments: