Saturday, April 29, 2017

talk on baptism

I was given the opportunity to speak at the baptism of a young boy yesterday.  I had it in my mind to use post it notes and show how they don't stick when the surface is dirty, or dusty.  Then I just went a little wild and used a big 24x20 framed glass.  I put rice on the glass to represent the sins we commit before we are accountable.  They just brush away.  And baptism cleans us so the Holy Ghost can really stick to us.  But then there are sins we commit after baptism and they can be washed away through repentance and taking the sacrament.  I used different condiments and put labels on them like "fighting", "lying", "anger" and sprayed them liberally on the glass.  I showed how it's best if we clean these things up quickly instead of letting them stay.  And I used a cleaning spray to represent getting help from our bishop or parents when we needed help repenting.

No comments: