Monday, February 20, 2017

awkward truths

Tonight I met a young person.  I presume they are in their early 20s, but maybe they are younger.  They said they got a first generation ipod in 7th grade.  P got one in 2003, so maybe this person is actually 25.  It's possible.  They also claimed that the internet was not around when they were a kid.  I find that dubious since the internet was around when we were kids, 30 years ago.  But the internet is more around today than it was 10 years ago.  This person also claimed that whites were the minority at their high school, and they are from a town that is 92% Caucasian.  I guess I just have to accept that this person is a little carried away with hyperbole.  It's annoying, but not my problem, I hope.  OK it was me!  Because I'm so vain....

No comments: