Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pain in the heel

About 6 months ago I started having problems with Plantar Fasciitis.  Yesterday after reading something about how our hard surfaces are causing foot trauma, I tried a new thing.  I filled a 2 gallon zip lock bag (saved from my Mother in law, thanks!) with ~5lbs of rice.  I folded the bag over so there would be less pressure on the zipper.  Then I put it into a cloth gift bag (also originating from my Mother in law).  I have it on the floor in the kitchen and scoot it around to where ever I'm working.  Now my feet can just relax and support me.  Without the bag, I stand with most of my weight on my left foot, and my right foot tensed to avoid pressure on the heel, where it hurts.

When I woke up this morning my heel hurt less.  I hope to be able to report progress. 

My brilliant idea for the day is to make shoes filled with 2 lb rice sacks for soles.  Then you get a combo work out, healing, and food storage all in one!

No comments: