Sunday, March 7, 2021

Somewhere between tender mercy and miracle

 I try to not pick up groceries more often than weekly.  We were out of milk so I ordered some food for Friday.  When we arrived none of the cold items were included because the freezer had been down overnight.  I thought about going to Save A Lot but decided that we didn't actually need to get milk.  We could get by until Monday, when I ordered another pick-up. 

Saturday morning I got a call from a lady in the ward.  She has previously given me extra food that she picked up from the food bank that was too big for older individuals, like 5 lbs of ground beef!  Well this day she had a whole order including milk and sausage patties, some of the items I had on that order that didn't get delivered.

I think of the blessing it was that I didn't get those items so I had the room to accept the bounty.  I think of the blessing that this friend thinks of me when she has food she doesn't need.  I'm grateful that I have  a reputation for being willing to take food and make use of it.

No comments: