Friday, March 5, 2021

Miser meets the Universe of abundance

 P is a miser and really doesn't like to spend money.  That has worked well for us since I spend the money.  He bought a special tool a few years ago to cut the boards of the deck that were rotting and needed to be replaced.  That tool never worked as well as he hoped, and the project has lingered.  Today he read that there was a faulty pin in the tool.  I suggested there must be another tool.  So he went and bought a dremel tool for $150.  

Concurrently, I was paying the insurance money to Cochlear Americas and found out that the insurance company sent about $200 more than Cochlear would accept.  This discrepancy will get worked out eventually, or not.  I am still waiting of insurance to reimburse me about $200 for previous claims.  

Sarah Kay wrote a poem saying that "The Universe has already written the poem you planned to write." and I decided to apply that here, "The Universe has already paid the bill you were reluctant to pay." 

I'm grateful we pay tithing and that our life is so abundant.  We plan to move in 2-2.5 years.  This sort of worries me because that's stressful.  Between maybe getting paid for my the work I did as conservator, and getting funds from my mother's estate at that time, we may have a nice cushion to live on for a while waiting for a great price on this house. 

I know we'll be OK.  P has a very long history of providing for the family and as much as I love it here, we will have spent 13 years bound to this location in the service of G.  We have been blessed living here.  And it's OK to see what else is out there.

No comments: