Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Geneology Jeopardy

 I was at a meeting and someone was wishing for more activity with the Family History.  This person is always pushing my boundaries for doing more.  An idea popped into my head for a game I woefully called "Bring your dead."  in which people would be asked to find a relative that fit a criteria, like birth year or something.  The group loved the idea.  The original pusher wanted it to be a weekly thing.  All of the other people in the weekly meeting were willing to let her run with that weekly dream.  I stated that I could attend once a year or something but that I already attend 7 meetings a week for church and cannot commit to another meeting.  

My idea evolved in the past 12 hours to a weekly Geneology Jeopardy challenge that could be posted on Facebook.  It would have categories like State, Initials, Children, Birthday, Temple etc... So fun!

I am learning to recognize people that push my boundaries, for I have learned what boundaries are.  People who ask you to do things you are not comfortable doing can be a good thing or a bad thing.  I'm learning to listen to my reservations.  I'm not comfortable having this individual comb through the responses to my facebook posts looking for someone who might be interested in being contacted by them.  In the church we talk about how our role is to be a light and that people will notice that and that their conversion timeline is their own timeline.  But I think being pushy can turn people off and I don't want to be a stumbling block to people.

No comments: