Sunday, March 21, 2021

Motivation style

 I met with the sisters at the fitness class.  We were the only 3 people there.   In their devotional they asked me to consider what more I could be doing to be a disciple.  I always have issues lately with the missionary messages.  I feel like I'm in the choir.  We hold scriptures and prayer 2 times a day, FHE, home church.  I attend 3 hours of leadership meetings + another 2 hours of activities + 2 hours of church meetings weekly.  That very day we were going to Gtowne to do service for family, and return in time for me to attend a presidency meeting.  This challenge to do more makes me just want to put up boundaries and give less.

P is very good at motivating me to do better.  He knows that I'm the kind of person that responds to positive statements.  If I'm carrying 35 lemons and someone says "Wow" I say "Oh, yeah, watch me carry 40!".  But if someone says "You're only carrying 35, you should carry 36."  I want to throw them on the floor.

Some people respond ok to being assigned work.  Other people don't like being assigned work.

P and I are both serving in leadership.  G and M are also both serving in leadership.  We go and clean the church every week.  All this virtuous living should have the benefit of some joy.  I do feel joy.  I only like to be positively encouraged.  Is that so much to ask?

No comments: