Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Word of Wisdom

There are things in life that are not good for us.  The Word of Wisdom gives us guidelines for what will cause us harm.  Some people seem to do OK eating those things or doing those things.  But other people have problems because of those lifestyle choices.

There is something I want that I can't have.  I was struggling to figure out how to live with this thing but then I made the connection to the word of wisdom.  This thing is toxic to me because I have an addiction to it.  It is not innately toxic but for me, it causes problems.  Realizing this gives me the ability to accept that I cannot have it with relief. 

1 comment:

Lucinda said...

My theory is that there are even things God wants but can’t have. Like He wants all His children to love Him back. But because He loves us, He won’t force us. So part of preparation for eternal life is self-discipline, rather prioritizing, recegnizing when you can’t have it both ways. Like you can’t love and compel love in return. It must be freely given.