Friday, August 30, 2019

Hurricane a comin'

The hurricane is due early next week.  I keep the car topped off, even putting just one gallon in when I find a station that has gas.  It's strange.  I think people remember the shortage and even though it is 4 days out, the gas stations run out daily.  The ones around our area are especially short on supply.  So I want to avoid going out at all. 

I ordered some 5 gallon jugs so I can just fill them at home and not have to chase water at the store.  P says I don't need to chase water, but he's not the one out there trying to buy a couple gallons.  It's good for us to have the capacity to store a lot of water anyway because our well goes wonky every once in a while and it is sometimes a week before it gets fixed.  So I'm glad to get some big jugs to handle that non hurricane water situation.

Last time we evacuated P kept the freezer going and it took 3 tanks of propane.  I don't think the food is worth that.  So I'm not planning to be concerned about food left in the freezer this time.  We'll eat what we can, take what we will use, and let the rest go.  It's not worth $60+ of propane. 


1 comment:

Lucinda said...

Wow, how sressful. Good luck with everything.