Wednesday, April 19, 2017

bread

Tonight I made flat bread and doughnuts with the YW.  I brought some dough that had been rising since 4pm.  We got our hands a little greasy then patted the dough into the shapes.  Then we cooked it and the girls took turns putting it on the griddle and flipping it.  I told them that it's not like pancakes, but you can still watch for signs that it is ready to flip. 

Then we cooked the doughnuts second and A had some cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on them.  After that we went outside and made some dough for them to take home.  I used twist tie gallon bags to give each girl about 1-2 cups of dough.  Then they could knead it in the bag.  They can take them home and put it in the fridge to make something yummy tomorrow.

I told the girls that the most important thing about the dough was giving it time to rise.  It's interesting to me that women seem the most beautiful from age 14-16 and then go through a rough patch until about age 21-30+.  It's so tempting to try and attract attention in that early phase of rosebud beauty.  But your real beauty sets in when you're older.  I married at 21 and I just keep getting more beautiful each year!  That's what my husband says and I believe it.

No comments: