Sunday, January 29, 2017

Do what you can do

Today we were late getting to church because of a series of unfortunate events.  G wouldn't wake up.  Then the car wouldn't start.  So I called P to come home and jump the car, he was at church already because of meetings.  While we waited I got out the jump cables and popped the hood.  I'd left my keys in the ignition because, hey, the car wasn't starting, also, they would be there when P arrived.  Then when I put the cable onto one of the battery terminals I heard the beeping that happens when the keys are left in the ignition and the door is open.  Oh, so not a dead battery after all, just a loose cable assembly.  So I got a wrench and tightened the bolt.

P is always telling the kids "Don't let what you can't do stop you from doing what you can do."  I couldn't jump the battery but  I could get things ready.  And sometimes it is the preparations that solve your problem anyway.

There is a story of 2 farmers during a drought.  Both were praying for rain.  1 went out and started to plow the ground.  The other asked him what he was doing.  "I'm preparing for rain".

No comments: