Sunday, April 24, 2016

what's working

Apparently I'm obsessed with the benefits of not doing sugar, but I'm trying to not be obnoxious about it with the people in my daily life.  But here are the things that are keeping me on the path I want to be on. 
1.  Nobody else needs to do this.  I don't have to regulate anyone else's sugar, except for my kids and I'm trying to not give them less than I normally do.  I've actually been relying on poptarts a lot to be a quick and easy treat they all love.  It's also easy to just give them each 1/2 of a tart and they are ok with that.  A pack of cookies, they always want more.

2.  I don't care if the sugar gets wasted.  In the past I've eaten left overs.  Now, if someone doesn't finish their treat; trash.  That's fine.  It's already wasted, and if I eat it that will be trouble for me.

3.  I have so much more emotional bank account to not freak out at the kids.  I was tired yesterday and noticed that I was less patient.  But I wasn't feeling crazy. 

4.  I lost 4 lbs.  That's always nice.  Except if it means I've got some sort of medical problem.

5.  I feel great.  I don't feel so tired.  My body just feels more present.

6.  Fruit is great.  Sweet potatoes are my friend. 

No comments: