Thursday, May 16, 2013

Still Waiting

I'm still pregnant.  Sometimes it seems like this will never change.  But obviously sometime very soon it will.

Monday was my due date and we walked the mile around our street loop.  Tuesday I took 3 small kids on a beach walk and didn't even die.  Today I raked leaves, which needed to be done, and I'm glad I don't have to worry about it for another year. 

Our oaks and magnolia tree drop their leaves in the spring, not the fall.  It's one of the ironic, magical, confusing things about raising kids in Florida.  None of the signs of the season are accurate.  We go to the beach all year.  There is never snow.  Leaves fall in the spring, as the new growth pushes off the old.  Azaleas blossom to hail the spring.  But I still haven't figured out when crape myrtles bloom.  It just happens but doesn't seem tied to a seasonal change.
 lP likes to come into the office, because she's too young to be forbidden yet, 
and ask for her picture to be taken.
 It's a rare treat if I can catch her with a smile and not an enthusiastic variation.
We are so blessed.

No comments: