Thursday, May 2, 2013

Customer Service with a capital S

G's CI has been acting up a little lately.  He often asks "What did she say?" in the car.  I thought maybe this was just a sign of his having come to hear more and being annoyed that his CI is on the left side and M is on the right side.  But his CI also seemed to be on setting 1 (the softest) more often than it should have been.  Usually we keep it on 3.  Then a button went missing.

So I emailed his Audiologist in Gainesville Monday night.  Tuesday she said we could have a new one ordered if Medicaid would pay for it since it was out of warranty.  It came today at 10:00AM.  Less than 48 hours after being ordered, it was here, programed to G's MAP, ready to plug and play.

It took us over a year to get the CI once I decided we wanted one.  I've been amazed at the service we've been provided in the last 3 years.  So grateful that it has been so smooth.

 

Last night G surprised us all by having his upper incisor fall out.  I'd known it was loose.  He was getting tired of me asking about it.  So I stopped asking.  Apparently he could turn it completely around...Gross!  So if finally came out and as he said "I can't believe it!  I didn't Cry!"


lP has been having a tough time lately.  She's growing out of napping, but will take one most days and then stay up past 11.  Most of the time she just falls asleep in the car on the way to get G from school.  Some days she rarely, but we take a picture each time, she falls asleep in a more 
precarious location.

No comments: