Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Alfredo Sauce

My soon to be sister-in-law has requested that I put all my recipes together for her. So I am going to make a start of that here. I thought of doing a separate blog for it but my blog is about what I'm doing and this is what I'm doing.

It was a busy day. An awesome day of fun, activity, and 3 water events: Beach, splash pad, pool. M went to bed with just a little crying.

So we had a yummy dinner of alfredo sauce over rainbow alfredo noodles, fresh green beans, and cantaloupe with a side of jokes about fruit that had a big wedding because they cantaloupe. I'm terrible at telling jokes. But I make yummy food.

This Alfredo Sauce recipe was gifted to me by Jen K who is awesome. Each batch covers about 2 servings of noodles so you can multiply it as needed.

1Tbs cornstarch
1 Tbs powdered milk
1/4 tsp basil
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup milk

It's really yummy and mostly shelf stable. Jen told me that she mixes up a batch and puts it in an old Parmesan cheese can. Someday we'll get to the point of needing all her cool tricks for feeding lots of people. But for now, though we have 3 children, only one of them eats real food (and by real food I mean non-peanut butter food). So it's only a little more than just feeding the two of us.

G swam all the way across the pool by himself today. I've been letting the kids take turns swimming without their float suits. I'm so proud of him every time he thwarts death yet again.

No comments: