Friday, August 25, 2023

Fruit Trees and Clothes lines

 Our lot is 0.4 acres and it is all lawn with shade trees.  It is glorious.  There don't seem to be deer here but there are chipmunks.  Our grass is so green!  I have planted 3 blueberry bushes on the Northeast side of the house.  That side of the house doesn't have any trees so it gets the best sun.  I ordered some raspberry canes and I hope they live.  I got them potted tonight after they arrived with bare roots.  I'm not a great gardener, yet, but Alabama seems to be a great place to grow things.  I also have a peach tree on order from Tractor Supply.  P seems to think this is hasty.  But I've been waiting years to plant these trees and bushes.  

Our trees in the back yard are perfectly positioned to allow for a triangle of hammocks and 30 feet of clothes lines.  With the 100 degree weather we are having right now, it is very nice to dry clothes outside.

We bought an electric vehicle.  It's the newest and lowest mileage car we have ever bought.  P can charge it overnight to have enough to drive his 70 mile commute.  Hurray to not buy gas!  

The boys are both back to riding bikes.  It has been hot riding in and out but I love that we get to.  It is an incredible privilege to be in the throng of kids dashing away from school on bikes.  I am so grateful for this home and how it is such a blessing to our family.

3 or 4 months ago as I was looking at houses there were different ones that I liked.  They each had different features that I liked but they each went under contract quickly and that was frustrating.  The spirit whispered to me "Just you wait to see what I have prepared for you."  This one was actually under contract when we came in April to look at houses.  When we got the OK to move to Alabama, this house had just barely come back on the market 2 days prior.  The day we were moving out of RCT, we put an offer in on this house.  We were nervous that it would be worse considering the price was quite low for the lot size.  But it has been great!  We are incredibly blessed by this home.  It was prepared for us.  The Holy Ghost told me so.

No comments: