Saturday, August 19, 2023

free time

 

Mornings are a bit hectic.  P leaves for school at 6am.  M and I leave for seminary at 6:30.  B walks to the bus stop at 6:30.  When I get back from dropping M off I wake up L, get him fed, dressed, and medicated before we ride bikes to school.  While I'm gone lP gets herself up and rides to school.  It's all so fast!  Then It's 8am and everyone is off for the day.  

I'm trying to use this time wisely and productively.  Friday I was actually up at 4am and worked on "I believe in Christ" and my talk for L's baptism.  Then during the day I went to Sam's Club, painted the boys shelves, planted blue berry bushes and in general, tried to make the house more ready for my brother S's family to visit.  I also picked up 3D prints from the library, paid M's school fees and made dinner.

Some days I watch a movie.  It's been several years since I could sit and watch a movie.  I watched Guardians 3 and Iron Man 3.  I hope to watch the Harry Potter movies when the hold comes through with the library.

The library here is so awesome!  They have 3D printers, Gloforge, Circuit and many other machines for making things.  They also have color printing for $0.25.  Oh, and they don't charge fees and they have a great selection of books.  

The band programs are awesome at the schools.  The new assistant director at lP's school used to do the 6-12 program at a nearby school.  All of the current directors built these amazing programs.  I hope to volunteer with the middle school band.

I have volunteered with the boys school.  It's so great to be able to help out.  I'm trying to figure out what I want to do going forward.  I love being able to help.  Part of me is very interested in getting a Masters in SLP because I imagine I will be good at it and that it would be a great career as I age.  P says I don't need to work and values my contributions to the family.  I do want to be available to help when my children start their families.  What is best for us as a family?  What is best for me as an individual.  I have this whole year, and more to figure that out.

No comments: