Friday, August 4, 2023

first days of school!

 Everyone started school.  P started Wednesday and the kids started Thursday.  I dropped M off at a friends to get a ride to school.  It is close but she didn't want to ride her bike.  I rode bikes with the boys to school.  We didn't leave when we should have so they just barely got there late/on time.  When I got home lP asked me to ride her over as well.  Go Grandma Buffy! We hustled and got there just before they opened the doors aka let the kids go from the gym to classes.

Everyone got home safely and it was great.  L started eating when he got home and did not stop!  I haven't seen him eat that quantity of food ever.  He ate 5-6 dub dubs and similar amount of go-gurts and ice pops.  B seemed to do fine. 

Today we woke to a storm.  I went to walmart and bought ponchos for the boys but then realized the path would be too wet where we go off road.  So I got everyone loaded in the car and we did the drop off line.  I must say I am so impressed by the planners of these drop off lines.  When we got to the boys school I realized I forgot to give L his medicine and could not let him go unmediated.  So B jumped out and we circled back to get L's medicine.  M was so calm and encouraged me to try and get L dropped off before taking her to school.  We made it to drop off 1 minute before it closed.  Just 1 car behind us got through.  

I really appreciate how M is calm and not selfish.  We worry.  I WORRY!  But she is a lovely person and is most often thinking of how to help the whole.  She even thanked me for organizing to get everyone to school today.  So nice.


Also, we got a pew!  Pew Pew!  I've wanted a pew for years.  I love how sturdy and minimal space they take up relative to the seating capacity.  Our new house lacks public room sq/ft compared to our old house.  We brought 1 couch with us, and with the pew, we now have a lot more seating capacity.  Yay!



No comments: