Monday, July 27, 2020

Lost and Found

Some things are lost in translation but some things are found. 
The sign for translate involves both hands, fingers closed but palms together.  One hand, or both rotate in opposition and the thumb and index finger extend like cotyledon.  The sign for translation is very close to the sign for change.  This similarity of motion and form, illuminate the meaning of the word, as sign language often does.
“Nearer my God to Thee”  
NEAR, NEAR MY GOD THEE
Even though it be a cross that raiseth me
IF MY CROSS SHOW-to-ME LIFE SACRIFICE
       The signs and words ebb and flow, making the meaning clear to the deaf even if they are sometimes confusing to the hearing.
“Angels to beckon me”
ANGELS    BECKON  BECON with encouragement I never heard before.
“Out of my stony griefs Bethel I’ll raise;” 
MY   GRIEF   SUFFER    STONES  BUILD  TEMPLE
Life is a translation, a change from one state of being, to another.  Some things translate well out of this life and some lose their meaning.    Some people are lost in this translation, but some souls are found.

No comments: