Monday, July 20, 2020

Done is better than...

I am a few years behind on our family movies.  We got a fantastic new ipad and I have caught up 1 year.  I recently let M and G each make a movie and they are a lot more decisive about what pictures to use and music and call it done.  Part of me is shocked when I see something that I would have left as a 10 minute movie become a 3 minute movie.  But another part of me is very glad to be catching up. 

I have a saying "Done is better than good." which should really be "Don't let perfection get in the way of the job."  Sometimes the kids get caught up on doing something in a way that requires more effort than it actually does.  The family movies are one of those things for me and I'm glad to see them just cruising through them without getting paralyzed or overloaded.  They know how they experience the movies.  They love to see the places we've been but don't need to have 10 pictures of it!  Way to go G and M.

Done is good. 

Spring Break 2018 by M
April 2018 by M
May June 2018 by G

No comments: