Monday, May 18, 2020

groundhog day

I finally searched the netflix and found that I could watch groundhog day so I am.  It's interesting to watch the first part of the movie, and think that this is the part he doesn't get to re-do.  He just has that one day.

I recently read a book where 2 characters are given the opportunity to go back and do things again, prioritize other things.  In some ways the book is sweet but other ways it's too steamy for me.  Most books are.

We are addressing a leak in the kids bathroom, replacing the wax seal on the toilet.  Moisture got into the Vinyl and it was molding, gross.  I had some remnants I meant to use for the other bathroom, but they worked for doing a repair.  The seam was terrible but we knew we'd re-do the whole floor eventually.  The goal for the time being is just to resolve the moisture and toilet wax seal.

I'm glad I can do hard, gross, necessary things.  P and I work well together and save the family hundreds of dollars on a regular basis.  I'm very grateful for P who had to use the dremel to cut off the bolts for the toilet that were rusted.  Ugh.  That's a long time bent over awkwardly in a gross place. 

No comments: