Monday, May 11, 2020

Choices

During this Corona virus crisis I am struck by the range of choices people make.  I wear a mask when I go shopping.  Others are oppressed by the mask wearing, it scares them, they don't want to live in fear so they don't wear a mask.  The mask doesn't protect the people wearing them.  Masks keep our gems to ourselves.  So not wearing a mask is a breach of the social contract...

Some people fear vaccines more than the illnesses they prevent.

Some people fear being the victim of a gun crime so they carry a gun. 

I fear the illnesses, so I get my kids vaccinated.  I fear gun violence so I don't have a gun and don't want my children around them.

It is interesting to see groups that would usually be against personal choice when it endangers a vulnerable person, suddenly saying "my body my choice."

No comments: