Thursday, March 23, 2017

Youth

Today we visited a tourist attraction in town with our Co-op.  We haven't visited this location for 4 years because they started charging residents for entry.  Can you believe it?  And it was totally worth it so I'm glad we went.  They have added several nice features.  We were there with our friends for 4 hours! 

I've been walking for the last 4 weeks thanks to some friends at church who helped me resolve to do it.  I'm so grateful for good friends that help you along the way to make good choices.  My sister and I used to walk/run when we were in college.  We had to wake up early and it was often cold.  I'm glad she helped me do that.  I feel like my body remembers that time and I'm surprised at how easily I can just get up and go walking before the whole house is awake.  I usually take at least one child with me, sometimes 4! 

We walk the mile around the block, then we have scriptures and prayer with the family.  Then by about 9am I am making breakfast.  Before I started walking we didn't have breakfast until then anyway.  So this is a great time for us.  I'm getting some exercise and we're reading the scriptures and we're not trying to fit it into a busy day.  We're just getting up earlier to get a good start on the day.

Not eating sugar helps me get up early.  When I eat sugar I wake up in pain.  It also helps that I'm not pregnant or nursing for the first time in 13 years!  But this is the first time in my life that I'm waking up to no aches and no sore feet.  I'm so grateful for the ability to avoid sugar.  In many ways I do feel better than I have felt in 13 years.  It's great!

No comments: