Saturday, March 11, 2017

Timeline

For FHE we did a timeline activity.  I made labels for the various pre-historic eras and asked the children to draw pictures of animals.  The scribbles are B's contributions.  The one on the left is a jellyfish.  The dark blue one is "the biggest fish ever".  I wanted to post these eras of time on the fireplace because many of the rocks have fossils in them.  It's so cool.

I love doing these timeline activities with the children.  I feel like it's so educational to learn about things and be able to stick them in a context of history that you can see.

We read scriptures in the morning.  I've started to create a page about each book and post it on the wall as we finish.  I'm so grateful to have this time and mindset to focus on the children learning.

No comments: