Thursday, July 17, 2014

On OW

I've been reading somewhat about the excommunication of Kate Kelly and OW.  Some of their goals seem historically sound.  It's got me thinking about "What does God want me to do here?"  Honestly I'm living such an easy life.  It seems like I'm not magnifying my opportunity to be here.  I've made some good choices, but those were also the choices that my family and peers wanted me to make.  I've never had to do anything particularly difficult, like support myself, or overcome depression, or be a refugee.

That said, it occurs to me that  from my position of luxury, being ordained to the Priesthood is not part of my eternal plan.  It blesses my life and I administer my calling with priesthood authority.  But my ultimate goal is not priesthood or godhood.  I wish I knew more about the being I'm aspiring to be like.  But my eternal nature is not male. 

No comments: