Wednesday, June 18, 2014

making kids happy

M turned 6 and my mom gave her Frozen.  The kids were all so excited.  It's so fun to see how appreciative and grateful they can be.  Can be.  I feel so frustrated when they get all entitled.  Like me...

I have this beautiful house and I don't take care of it.  I have a strong body and I don't take care of it.  I have beautiful kids and a wonderful husband that I think I take care of.  But I need to do better.

The lego room has been a pit for a while now.  I'd gotten pretty good at cleaing up the fire pit (step down area with a fireplace on one end, where we keep the toys).  But I didn't want to deal with the lego room.  It was past the point where the kids could clean it up by themselves.  Too many random game pieces, legos mixed with k'nex and playmobile.  Poor kids. 

So I stayed up late last night and sorted.  Then this morning I sorted out the legos from the legos that go with motors and gears.  I reassembled Magikus whose pieces had gotten lost in the lego pile. 

At 9, 7, 3 and 1 I expect my kids to do a lot.  Sometimes that's good, sometimes it's too much.  Right now G and M are keeping their clothes, and rooms clean plus trash chores.  lP helps out in various ways.  They're all willing to help pick up around the house.  They're good kids.  I don't wan them growing up not able to be helpful, so I need to be more helpful.

No comments: