Sunday, April 28, 2013

The laundry

I like my children a lot.  The more I teach them to help out, the more I like them.  : )  I used to let their laundry pile up until I had to fold 2 baskets at a time and they had run out of clothes.  Sad.  But one day when I had 3 baskets to wash and fold, it was too much and I just separated their clothes, asking them to help me fold.  Since then I just wash it as soon as 1 basket is full.  So it's every couple of days and they only have to put away a few outfits at once.  They are getting so good at it.  I can go and make their piles in the middle of the day and they'll just come and take care of it without being asked.  How cool is that?

G is getting the spirit of doing what is routine without being asked.  Sometimes it's setting the table.  Tonight he turned on the night lights without being asked.  He does like to point out that he did it without being asked.  And I thank him, and tell him I'm proud of him.

Tonight the kids were all clamoring to help make dinner. M peeled the carrots.  G mixed the batter for our pancake balls.  P stood on a stool and didn't get her fingers cut off or burned.  They were all so eager to help. 

I've been getting better at giving them specific tasks; clean up the legos, clean up the blocks etc...  And they are getting good at doing that task.  And less often, are things so bad that I'm like "clean up" and they stare at me because they don't know where to start.

I'm so grateful to be blessed with such nice children.  I'm grateful for a husband who is willing to support us and values my contributions tremendously.  I'm grateful that we don't have any addictions. 

No comments: